“Cowra is a thriving country town offering visitors a variety of sites to see and experience. Come and enjoy our wines and country hospitality”.
Now that you have found a place to stay, this is what’s on:
We often get asked for a restaurant recommendation. Well here it is:
Lot 31 Restaurant & Bar
Opened in 2011, Lot 31 Restaurant & Bar is a casually refined eatery in Cowra serving up a variety of lunches, mains and tapas plates alongside a wide selection of beverages. Featuring a contemporary design with art and leather dining chairs, Lot 31 is vibrant yet comfortable with a relaxed atmosphere and friendly service. Their seasonally changing modern Australian menu places much emphasis on fresh local produce and offers plenty of vegetarian friendly options. Why not try the organic penne topped with salmon, capers, baby spinach, cream and avocado, or perhaps opt for the tender fillet mignon, accompanied by cajun garlic prawns and fat chips. Bookings at Lot 31 Restaurant & Bar are essential.
Contact Richard at Lot 31 on: 0263 42 2770.
Cowra events not to be missed:
Cowra Wine Show. Held in July of each year.
It has been 13 years since my last wine show encounter and when invited to attend this year I thought, as a local I really should give it a go. WOW it was amazing! If you love wine and really great wine, mark the 2014 dates in your diary. It will not disappoint.
About the event: This event will give winelovers, winebuffs and those simply wanting to know more about wine an exclusive opportunity to sample the newly awarded gold, silver and bronze medal winning wines. The vast array of wines has been entered by 400 exhibitors throughout Australia. Ticket holders are guaranteed to taste 23 trophy winning wines as well as access to over 2,100 entries.
ABOUT COWRA AND DISTRICT
Cowra is located four hours west of Sydney and two and a half hours from Canberra, on the Lachlan River. The town offers genuine country hospitality, delicious food and wine, great natural attractions and a facinating military history.
Things to do and experience in Cowra:
- Explore The Japanese Garden and Cultural Centre.
- Located at the Cowra Visitors Centre, watch a hologram in the the Prisoner of War Theatre. Recounts the story of the Cowra Breakout and is well worth a visit (free).
- Sample our fine local wines at such cellar doors as: Windowrie Mill Cellar Door. Even after you return home, continue to experience Cowra’s wonderful drops through: Wines of Cowra.
- Guided wine and castle tours are also available through Allan from Ideal Tours.
- Neila Restaurant – Neila is an elegant informal restaurant priding themselves on consistency. They have maintained a 1 hat status in the SMH Good Food Guide and have been included in The Australian Gourmet Traveller Restaurant Guide since 2003. Well worth a visit!.
- Throw a line in, go fishing or boating at Wyangala Waters State Park (the junction of the Lachlan and Abercrombie Rivers)…………….just to name a few.